Monday, April 25, 2005

Brief Movie Reviews

  • Testosterone: Some people may rave about David Sutcliffe and his hairy chest. Some people may rave about seeing Antonio Sabato Jr's penis for a few seconds. Me, I found it mostly dull with fleeting moments of genuine suspense. Since I have never read the book (own it, never got around to it sadly) and now that I just found out that the movie omitted a HIV infection that would've made it EXTREMELY understandable as to why Dean acts bonkers as opposed to just an unhinged whiny man who you want to slap silly. The reworking is quite tragic when you realise some of the reasons why James Robert Baker committed suicide.
  • Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason: Funny, cute, good, but there was no need. Look at the fight between Hugh Grant & Colin Firth which was basically an exact reproduction of their scene in the previous film. Whoever chose the music cues in that film, however, should be shot. I was so sick of hearing MOR Top 40 songs every five minutes by the end of the film. Thank goodness there is no chance for another one. "Like a version" indeed.

By the way, respect to Richard Roeper for his catty take on Ashton Kutcher's career: "His career peaked with Dude Where's My Car."

No comments: