- Splash had another antipodean bartender tonight. For some reason he thought I looked so serious and down. I get this a lot, and I do not know why. I'm not a smiling person, but still...
- The Stonewall apparently had a black leather night. "Black" as in the skin colour as well as the colour of the clothes. It was not as bizarre as I thought it would be. (I want my $5 back!) I have always wanted to fully participate in a leather night, but the cost of the clothes and my low pain threshold probably will keep me on the sidelines.
- The Hangar was not as psychotically crowded as it normally is. Who knew The Hangar had go-go boys. Crappy go-go boys, but go-go boys nonetheless. Nothing else I can remember there, except that the only reason I went is because it's a December tradition with me.
- At The View the bouncer thought I was drunk. I quite possibly was, but courtesy of my mp3 player I was able to blame my stumbling on trying to take my headphones off. I did take it as a sign to wrap up my night after two Twisted Teas.
And that was that. The 2005 New York drinking season went out with not quite a whimper, but with a very average cast of characters: an overly perky Australian (I hate perky in general), black leathermen, crappy go-go boys, and a kind bouncer.
5 comments:
I'm glad you arrived home safely!
I also am not a smiling person which can cause a bit of a problem in some clubs. People keep coming up to me and asking if anything's wrong..... "no, nothing is wrong thanks, I'm just bored to death!"
I bet I could make you smile. If nothing else I'd jump on the bar in front of you and liken myself a momentary go-go boy --- you'd laugh your ass off.
I have to ask...you carry your MP3 to the bars? I've heard of dancing to your own tune but this brings on a whole new meaning.
Happy Holidays, Handsome.
Kind bouncers are always a nice way to end a year. If you're ever in Boston, try the RamRod in the Fenway for Leather Night. It's a full-out leather night but might be just enought less painful than something you can find in NY to make it good for a wallflower. Plus, the bouncers there are nice too! :)
Pookie: I carry the mp3 player to listen to between bars. It makes time pass by, especially when it's very cold out.
Pobble: I think these days I'm bold enough to attempt the RamRod.
Happy Holidays all.
wow....glad u got home safely
Post a Comment