I'd like to blame it on the eclipse, but sometimes stupidity is just stupidity.
Y'see, I'm celebrating alcohol before I go on a dry fortnight.
So I want to enjoy my Godiva Orange Juice, and I did, courtesy of the auld friend over at the near bar.
I cannot say the same for his new compatriot over at the far bar.
Frequent readers know that I have limited patience when it comes to slow service at a bar that is not busy. I reckon that anyone else would be the same.
I place my empty glass at the bar and smile at the bartender.
No response as he goes to chat up some random guy (possible sugar daddy?).
I smile and wave at him.
No response as he checks on the others to my left.
I smile, wave, and say "hello" in a kind, non-sarky way.
No response as he goes back to the Sugar Daddy.
I start coughing (unintentionally, mind you).
He arches one eyebrow and then realises that while he's been flitting between everyone else, I've been sitting there waiting to be asked my next drink.
Some days, I wish I could just put on a mask.
3 comments:
Baby, you don't need a mask, you handsome devil!
I'm not certain how to put this in delicate fashion, but might you be just a bit "frugal" when tipping?
I've noticed in this area that bartenders tend to cater to the "high-end" tippers and "oops I forgot" other customers.
Well, that would be a possiblity Dondon, but I hadn't even been served by him.
Hikaru's bar tipping rules:
$2-3 when ordering the first drink.
$1 each additional one from the same bartender.
Damn, 2-3 dollars the first drink; they would be all over you down here!
I do the dollar per drink...seems to work.
Hope all is well, sir.....
DON~
Post a Comment