I am not an emotional person. I swear, I am not, but I'm still human. Ok, I should explain.
Recently, I've been following Boys Over Flowers on DVD, and it's gotten to me in the same way Orange Road did more than a decade ago. This is a rather long-winded way of saying that it made me cry a little. Oh yes, I sniffled when Kyosuke told Hikaru that it was over between them in the first movie. This time, I sniffled in joy when Tsukasa told Tsukushi that he believed her. (I'm horrible at plot synopsis, so I'll echo the review from Anime News Network: "Spunky girl kicks preppie butt.")
From my writer's perspective, it's such a pleasure to come across a series that comes across as very realistic, funny, and moving , but not in a mawkish way. (Listen, I love Orange Road, but when you think about it..."espers?")
So now there's two anime shows I'm now following like the insane fan-boy I used to be in the early nineties: Boys Over Flowers and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. (The latter one I like to call Law & Order for the mid 21st century.)
No comments:
Post a Comment