Monday, January 24, 2005

Would you pay for commercial-free television?

Would you? What I'm talking about is turning all channels into subscription services (a la HBO/Showtime/et. al.). I'm not good with money figures, but I wonder how much it would calculate to receive the major 7 broadcast networks (ABC/NBC/CBS/Fox/The WB/UPN/PBS) commercial/pledge-drive free?

After watching today's Sunday Morning it dawned upon me that this might increase the amount of product placement. So perhaps in a perfect world, we'd have a FCC that banned such things (the ball started rolling in the wrong direction with Reagan allowing telemarketing) and a subscription fee.

In other news: We had a blizzard. Chelsea is very pretty all covered in non-controlled substance white. (Sixth Avenue is practically desolate and quiet save for the snowplows.) I'm a bit peeved that the expected vicious overnight "part 2" of the storm didn't wind up being as bad as the meterologists were predicting. That being said, with a good amount of snow and a current temperature of 16 degrees, this is a nice present for Aquarian New Year. (If you can't stand the cold, get out of the freezer, I say.)

One last thing: Here's a funny little animation I saw via gossiplist: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/moresexthanme.html

No comments: