Friday, June 03, 2005

More dream analysis

Another bizarre dream begging for some analysis:

I'm back at my old middle school in River Hills. I have no idea what class I'm supposed to go to, until I consult my schedule which reads "9:00 (classes always started at 8:15, but this is a dream), New Thinking." I go to the classroom, but it's empty. For some strange reason, in the adjacent classroom, the school nurse is busy typing at a computer. I ask her if she could look up where the class was supposed to meet, and she gives a dismissive answer. That's when I notice a small little notice on the wall: "New Thinking will be meeting in room 2034 due to hurricane."

Despite the fact that a hurricane has never and most likely will never strike Wisconsin, I accept this notice without any question whatsoever. I make it to the classroom and there are only 5 students in the classroom, all male and basically the jocks of my class. And the teacher is Cash Peters for some odd reason. They are all watching some film that seems like partly a Monty Python sketch and partly some schlocky Fantasy film from the late 1970's.

Apparently I have missed several classes, because in my dream I have no idea what the hell is going on. Cash brings me over to some cube with several mirrors on it. In a very boyish way he explains to me that I'm supposed to stare at the cube and interpret the faces that appear. I think he's on crack, but sure enough some sober face does appear on the cube and Cash offers some excited explanation as to what is going on. I cannot even begin to process it, when BOOM I'm awake.

No comments: