Thursday, May 04, 2006

Quotes of the Season #2

"I decided to make my part campy because I initially thought that it was going to be really dark and really intense and then it just turned out to be completely different. So instead of going in that direction, I decided to make it so that drag queens would want to dress as my character on Halloween."

"You must carry the consequences that come with the freedom you take in making certain decisions. You shouldn't risk your authenticity by saying things like 'Sure but that's not really what I wanted to do.' You should say, 'Yeah, that's what I meant!' or at least admit that you actually made that decision and you want to defend your movie because of that."

- Gina Gershon and Paul Verhoeven (respectively) on Showgirls (from the book Fiasco, by James Robert Parrish).

"What about your body?"

- Mike Woods to "Endurance Artist" David Blaine this morning, about his submersion stunt.

"Have the (HOLE) day off from work..into most scenes from mild to wild"

- Personal ad read this morning during aforementioned stunt.

"We're gonna show you how to throw a Latin pool party."

- Al Roker on this morning's Today Show

1 comment:

BostonPobble said...

Love Verhoeven's quote. Sounds good for life and not just movies. The personal ad would have been banned in Boston. And Al Roker just makes me giggle. :)