Thursday, May 04, 2006

Release-The View-Splash Post-Mortem: After Midnight

Well, I have to say it's a bit strange to go out after Midnight, but that was the challenge I gave myself last week and I did.

The night started off at Release, and curiosity of all curiosities I find myself sitting in the same spot with the same bartender that served me the week before. One would think I'm developing a crush on him, and one would be partially right. It's one of those odd mixes of lust and jealousy. He's roughly my height, but lean as hell, which is physically impossible for me to pull off due to genetics.

Before I started drooling on the counter, I moved onto The View, which was fortunately playing videos, and unfortunately, a bit crowded. The combination of which led me to have my drink and get myself to Splash.

Sadly, Doug was not there, or if he was, I didn't see him. It was probably a bit of a blessing since I proceeded to get relatively trashed. How trashed was I? I was dancing shirtless to reggaeton--frequently with this random guy who I could never manage to find off of the dancefloor, and I wound up licking the ear of one of the bartenders.

So yes, Virginia, Cinderella Hour exists, and it can happen to you.

No comments: