That was the last straw, Queen!
It is after 2 in the morning and I can barely sleep. I'm haunted by the image of a smirking Tyler Perry on yesterday's Good Day New York, where he shucked, jived, and oh-gollyed his way through an interview promoting his new daft sitcom.
La Perry's smarmy attitude reawoke something that I thought would stay dormant for a little while longer: my desire to get "back" into television. I say "back," since I never really was technically in it, but TV and film writing was my focus in college and quite frankly up until 2001, I thought I was going to enter the chaos that is the TV world. Playwriting came along at that time and I reckoned that it would be better to cut my teeth in theatre for several years before that. Well, my self-imposed sabbatical is now over (I took some time off after grad school) ended after seeing that interview and I'm ready to start taking names.
God help me, I'm going to write a spec script, a complete original, not just a spec episode. Though trust me, I'm going to do my damn best to stay in theatre as often as possible.
Years from now, I'll hopefully remember that sleepless May night where everything old became new again.
4 comments:
I'll be waiting.
Hell I might even get cable if you had a show on the boob tube!
STB
PLEASE! WRITE FOR TELEVISION!
(I'm begging ~ can you tell?)
Well, the start date is June.
A new venue... I look forward to hearing more!
Post a Comment