Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Year That It Was (On Here): 2007

It wasn't as busy a year as last at this corner of the internet, but there were some moments.

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

Perhaps you've noticed something different this year, particularly a big drop in posts. I haven't mentioned it all this year, but there's been an underlying theme in my posts particularly in the second half of 2007: Cancer.

First, my aforementioned ex was diagnosed and treated for Prostate Cancer in July & August. The next month, my mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. (Fortunately, it was caught very early.) Two weeks later, my great aunt died from Lung Cancer. (My extended family--like my immediate family--is very small, so this was quite a huge deal.)

As for myself, I've so far been declared healthy by several doctors, which is good, especially since this year, I seem to hear and see cancer everywhere. Yet, as a result of these medical issues, I've taken on some extra non-writing work in order to lighten the load of those recovering.

Although it's likely I'll post again before January: Good health to all who read this (even Jonathan Capehart) in 2008.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. i hope you and your loved ones are coping well with all the cancer in your immediate circle. good health to you, too!

what have you got against jonathan capeheart?

Hikaru said...

See October 2005 posts, it's also the source of why I depise Bloomie.

Hikaru said...

despise, rather.

Anonymous said...

how funny that jonathan capeheart left a comment. since he works in public relations now, i guess he knows how to handle bad press. but i don't think he should have responded at all.

nevertheless, someone wise once observed that you should never "fight down" and you should only "fight up" (meaning: big fish shouldn't argue or otherwise engage with little fish because doing so only elevates the status of the little fish). and no offense, but i think it's pretty clear that capeheart is a big fish and hikaru is a little fish.

that said, i tend to agree with capeheart that some strong words were used. perhaps it would have been better to say that capeheart "appears to hate black and gay people" (instead of he "hates black and gay people").

Hikaru said...

I wear my little fish status with pride. (Makes it easier to comment.)

I do stand by the characterisation though, since Capehart was the architect of Bloomie's policy, and perversely proud of it.

That said, It could be argued that Capehart hates black and gay people not named "Jonathan Capehart."

Anonymous said...

ha! but he could be a "self-hating" gbm.