Thursday, January 20, 2005

Unintentionally Funny Eurovision lyrics

One of my favourite songs out of last year's Eurovision was the Swedish entry "It hurts." Being very aware of lyrics, I have to say that this song made me nearly cry with laughter. Here's a sampler:

I'm standing on the rooftop
And I'm crying out your name
I'm looking for an answer
And for somebody to blame
'Cause even though it's over
You linger on my mind, oh

Hurts, oh it hurts, really hurts
In the middle of the night
In the light of the day
You know that it hurts
Oh it hurts, really hurts
And I wish I could be stronger
No longer afraid
Nobody but me, could know the way I feel
How it hurts, oh it hurts


And the next verse talks about "clinging to my pillow" as a reaction to "the pain I feel inside."

Now imagine Lena Philipsson (the leggy Swedish answer to Kylie Minogue who sang this) doing assorted bumps and grinds against a microphone stand. How on earth could this song not be about a particular sex act? (There's even a remix version making the rounds that has assorted porn "oohs" and "ahhs" incorporated.)

It's a shame that Lena has no desire for an international career, she could've made a killing in the gay clubs.

1 comment:

Hel said...

lol! although to be fair, the lyrics are no worse than the average bog-standard power ballad.