I finally went out after midnight. The tricky bit was finding somewhere to get a few drinks in prior.
- The Stonewall: Played hide & seek with the entrance. Was it on Christopher Street or 7th Avenue South? Not in the mood to find out.
- The Hangar: Crowded with a $5 cover. Never again.
- The View: Filled to the brim with either actors, dancers, or FIT students, the kind who have no qualms about SCREAMING IN MY EAR "OH MY GAAAAWD! NO WAAAAY!" And what happened to the videos?
- XES: At least I could sit down. Busy as hell though. Cute faux-hawked bartender probably shaved off 5 lbs. by gallivanting about.
And then I made it to Splash. (Still didn't use the black card.)
Interesting observation: What's with all these twentysomething twinks who are afraid of porn? I ran into two of them who had reactions like "ewwwww, porn!" Idiots. If you're going to a place with shirtless bartenders on a night entitled "Men's Room," you really should expect that you're going to see naked men in front of you. Go back to adoring that waste of space Hilton lady and her handbags.
Passing by the downstairs bar--by this point shirtless (it's true, after midnight, my inhibitions do go down)--I ran into M, who I hadn't seen since in quite some time. I cannot stress how well the two of us really get along. We're both this odd mix of sexual provocateur and slight prudishness. In other words, we'll make out and grope in public, (hell, we both showed our cocks for $2 beer last night) but we're quite content with being perceived as uptight. As lurid as it seemed, it was a little romantic to be honest.
While waiting for my standard post-night-out cheese fries (at 4:50am!), I contemplated several things:
- Who the hell are all these people out at 4:50 in the morning?
- Why didn't I start having adventures with M earlier? The sex was good and the post-coital conversation was excellent. (I can live with the smoking differences.) I need friends like that, the kind you can have group sex with.
- Will I survive spending this week in Milwaukee where the only sensual delights are found in fast food and grocery stores? I'll be miffed if the leaves haven't changed and temperature is above 60.
- I really should change the byline to "booze, sex, politics, and pop culture rants." Seems apropos.
5 comments:
Where the hell where you when I was growing up in NY?
I like Splash as well. When I come back in a few weeks, I surely make my rounds there.
Look forward to seeing you there.
Not without me!
We have some more tales to tell to these poor NY'ers, after last weekend.
Sounds like an evening of debauchery at it's peak. Wish I'd been there.
Hey -- mind if I shoot you an email? I'm thinking of spending Christmas in NY with T and trying to narrow down the few hotels left with rooms available. Any input would be appreciated.
Most certainly Pookie. (In case you're curious, Blogger seems to not like me whenever I use a different computer, hence the name, but I still get email via the contact page.)
Post a Comment