(Courtesy of Germany's song "Run and Hide" Funny that.)
I really did not want to comment on the whole runaway bride media circus in Georgia, but geez...14 bridesmaids and 600 guests? How unnecessarily ostentatious is that? I'd want to escape that hellish wedding too--especially if I had to beard for some fruity branch of a Southern family.
Not that this lady gets that much sympathy from me. Did she have to mention the race of her fake kidnappers? That's a screwy value system that uses racism to cover up for your own neuroses.
By the way, if you saw Saturday Today this morning, you got the hilarious treat of watching Lester Holt & Campbell Brown get gradually more confused as the story unfolded. First, it was "Yay! She's alive." Second it was "Oh, she may not have been kidnapped." Finally it was "I don't get it...She made this all up." Absolutely funny to watch them try to be perky and perplexed at the same time.
If you can, take a brief moment to pause and reflect on the War in Vietnam. As in most wars, there were no winners. As you may remember, my late father was a Vietnam vet and POW. I often wish that I knew what exactly occurred to him there, but perhaps his greatest gift to me was shielding me from some of the horrors that I think may have replayed in his mind on an all too frequent basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment