Friday, May 27, 2005

Post-Surgery

Back from the surgeon. Am barely wearing my underwear, courtesy of the compression vest with the added bonus of having a drain that has to be emptied of my blood every 4 hours.

This gets gruesome here...(I apologise)

I am quite keen on getting this drain removed, but it cannot get removed until the liquid turns yellow.

Having been prohibited from eating or drinking since Midnight, the first thing I wanted to do post-surgery is frankly dive face first into a vat of Krispy Kremes. Sadly, dairy is on the banned list for the first day as are most solid foods. In other words, I'm living on Miso soup, soda, and seltzer water.

I wish I was as lucky to be able to remove this godforesaken vest, but unfortunately this thing is on me 24/7 (well, at least until the surgeon gives the OK to remove it). Which means sponge baths.


On the upside, I've got Percoset (although that has to be taken with the gruel--I mean--food) and while it's not as trippy as Vicodin, it does the business.

What makes this all the more ironic or at least surreal, is that my primary caregiver throughout all of this is my recent ex-boyfriend. Upon meeting me in the recovery room, he passed out.

Pray for me.

No comments: