Thursday, May 05, 2005

I'm Still A Millionaire (XXXXXX)

John Rocker, that beacon of tolerance, is now playing with some minor league team out in Long Island. Apparently he had an interesting exchange with someone in the stands.

I'm hoping "I'm Still A Millionaire (chose your own expletive)" becomes the new stoned college student phrase du jour.


So here's the quick and ranting Splash post-mortem: For once I was going to have company on my Splash night--Garrett. Was trying to sit down and enjoy the videos but was hit upon consistently by a drunk lawyer. Received text message from Garrett that he was running late. The transition over to a club began and I switched places to the far side of the bar, which has more space. I placed my sweater on the seat next to me. All of a sudden a group of drunk and rude Germans plop down next to me, bumping the sweater off. Only when I pick it up, does it occur to them that maybe an apology is required. Instead one of them looks at me with this dazed look in his eyes and says "are yooooou angry?" I give my best passive-aggressive smile and say "no, not at all."

What I should've said: "I'm Still A Millionaire, ya drunk asshole."

No comments: