Friday, May 06, 2005

Gay News Roundup

Two articles really stood out this morning as I read New York's two gay weekly papers:

The New York Blade has an article on the upcoming trio of Gay TV networks we will be getting. I'm just taking a stab in the dark here, but I'm assuming that Time Warner has a near vice-like grip on the 5 boroughs, because the only time I had RCN as an option (and yes, I took it) was when I lived in Morningside Heights. This is quite the disadvantage, because Time Warner is only airing LOGO, which is the Viacom supported channel, even though it has here TV (listen, the channel writes it lowercase) on pay-per-view. If we get Lifetime and all of its channels, plus WE, and Oxygen, can't we get a trio of gay ones as well?

The Gay City News has the strangest article that I've been trying to decifer. On one hand, it seems to be talking about some bar on Avenue A called Boysroom where I guess boys get drunk and watch go-go boys cavort about. (Eh, I get the same at Splash and it's closer. Not to mention that I find new-to-the-city NYU students for the most part...loud and annoying.) However, it seems to be considering it a gay parallel to frat house-style partying. Okay, I'm dumb. If someone out there can explain what the point of this article is, I'd be very grateful.

No comments: