Sunday, May 15, 2005

Chelsea: It's not just a neighbourhood, it's a state of mind

Seen and heard this afternoon at my gym:

Three middle aged men, two of them with spare tires, the other one a little more in shape. They are all looking at the scale.

Man #1: This can't be right. I don't think this is working.
Man #2: Are you sure?
Man #1: Well, look at the balance. It's not balanced.
(Gestures over to Man #3)
Man #1: Look at this. The balance is...oh wait, it's balanced. But something's definitely wrong. Try it.
Man #3: I don't weigh myself.
Man #2: So you don't know your weight?
Man #1: Still, try it.
Man #3: Well, I don't know my weight, so I couldn't tell you if it's right or not.
Man #2: Why don't you weigh yourself?
(Man #3 shoots a Joan Crawford-esque look at the others)
Man #3: I really don't want to know what it is.

I hate to say this, but this could be read by teenage girls.

No comments: