Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Splash-Rawhide Post-Mortem

A miracle! I did not get harrassed at Splash! Alas, I was the victim of painfully slow service, but more importantly I did not get harrassed!

Unfortunately, due to the slow service (I've been alternating between sections, and now I know where I can sit down have a drink and get it in good time) I wound up going to Rawhide. Why Rawhide? Well, I could say that it's because I'm as old as the bar. Which is true, but not the motivation. The real motivation frankly is because I have read stories of Anderson Cooper and Steve Bartlestein going there. Dammit, I want to say to my children that I saw a gay newscaster in a bar in Chelsea!

Unfortunately, I guess the newsmen don't come on go-go boy night. Instead, I got hit on by a Daniel Liebskind-lookalike who claimed to be an artistic director at an ad agency. That is all fine and dandy, except that he constantly declared his love (not lust, but love) for me.

You can only shake up your Tuesday night routine only so much.

No comments: