The Journal-Sentinel has a scathing (and rightfully so) article on Representative James Sensenbrenner, who is the Senior member of Wisconsin's delegation to the House. The article states that Sensenbrenner is tops amongst WI representatives in terms of expensive junkets. He claims that all of his trips were related to work, especially as Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee. (Yes, he was one of the idiots who led the charge to impeach Bill Clinton.) I fail to see how visting Liechtenstein TWICE is critical to American security.
He also happens to be "my representative,"* despite the fact that myself, my mother, and the scant few other Democrats in Ozaukee and Washington Counties have been trying to get this fool out of office for as long as I can remember.
*I vote absentee whenever possible and I know that it matters. The first national election I participated in was 2000, where Wisconsin went to Gore by only 500 or so votes, including absentee ballots. In 2004, I voted in New York, which had more to do with the fact that I had just registered here in order to vote for the mayoral election. Next major state election, I'm going right back to voting absentee for Wisconsin. My rationale is simple, my mother still lives there, so what goes down in WI does affect me. Plus, it really does make a difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment