Tuesday, April 11, 2006

You Made Me Like You

A perky ad campaign that really did not sell anything but Rebecca Romijn would normally be big on my "must miss" list, but goddammit I actually like Pepper Dennis.
  1. I'm a sucker for any television show set in the world of television itself. (Although, as sacrilegious as this sounds, I never really enjoyed The Mary Tyler Moore Show.)
  2. The writing is actually pretty witty and funny, in the vein of Grosse Pointe (so please don't screw this up like you did that gem, WB/CW) .
  3. Despite a blatant detour from reality (a reporter swears oncamera and only gets a suspension?) , the show still has merit beyond that.

It's the sort of television show I would write, if the main character was a drunk bisexual male reporter working for Canadian television.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have no relationship with The WB, UPN, or the CBS Corporation, beyond watching CBS News Sunday Morning.

5 comments:

Waddie G. said...

I'm not a fan of Rebecca Romijn at all, so I'm taking a pass on that chic.

BostonPobble said...

Interesting. I had expected it to be somewhat vacuous drivel. Of course, I still don't have cable so I can't watch it but I am intrigued that it might not, like, totally suck, you know?

Kyle said...

I know nothing about Canadian television, but I'll TOTALLY help you hammer out that drunk bisexual pilot.

Hikaru said...

Frank,

I'm thinking of an opening scene involving a naked Ryan Reynolds.

Does that help?

Kyle said...

Immensely!