Since Walters & Kazha's write up on Eurovision.tv stoked my ire several nights ago I am going to serve my revenge with a brutal lyrical analysis of the first part of "The War Is Not Over:"
I slowly walk into the night around
To see how dreams of people die
Why are you walking around at night? Are you two rentboys? Is that why you're so moody and feel the need to harass people with your guitars?
They gently fall from windows all around
And crash against the ground like glass
Listen kiddies, life sucks. Just because your parents didn't buy you an ipod doesn't mean it's time to slit your wrists.
And I’m so sorry I’m so helpless in this angry world
If only I could change it for one day
Why are you apologising for the world being angry? Do you have a god complex? Both of you need some time with Dr. Phil for ego issues.
The war is not over everyone knows it
Okay, just what is this sodding war? The rentboys fighting for territory in downtown Riga?
It’s just a reason to make us believe
That someone’s the loser someone’s the winner
By this definition, "war" could include everything from the pointless action in Iraq to a game of Scrabble. I think Walters and Kazha were last picked during physical education class.
To make us believe that’s the way it should be
That is the way it's supposed to be! Christ almighty these two hippies are insufferable.
But I don’t wanna believe
Then why are you wasting our time yammering about it? Between you and me, you don't buy into this stuff, do you? Does Martins Freimanis buy into it, too? Nope. He's looking to make a bundle with the angst-ridden tweens.
No comments:
Post a Comment