Saturday, March 12, 2005

Life Is Just Trippy When You're Hopped Up On Cough Syrup & Sudafed

Surely the world cannot be this crazy. I think it's the Sudafed/Robitussin cocktail I've been downing for the past several days to get rid of a vicious cold-cough.
  • Yesterday, the local news channels spent nearly twenty minutes (non-stop) yapping about some runaway poodle on the Major Deegan Expressway.
  • "Beauty Shop" a new movie (which may very well be based on the black theatre circuit hit of the same name) has got the most bizarre casts ever assembled: Queen Latifah, Kevin Bacon (looking like a heroin addict and playing a character called "Jorge"), Alfre Woodard, [Miss] Laura Hayes, Alicia Silverstone, Andie MacDowell, Mena Suvari, Djimon Hounsou, Della Reese, and Keshia Knight-Pulliam. Could you ever envision Della Reese and Alicia Silverstone in the same movie?
  • Some two-bit "rapper" is advertising his latest disposable album up and down Sixth Avenue. Said album features a track entitled "M.I.A.M.I" short for "Money Is A Major Issue." This acronym trend has got to end.
  • The Bankrupcy bill. We are now just several years away from people yelling "storm the Bastille!"
  • I'm not excluding myself from this weirdness. Despite a vicious cough, nearly no voice, and short breath, I nonetheless chose to go to the gym on Tuesday, Thursday, and today. (Wednesday is my day off.) Frankly, I did a crap workout on Thursday, and today, when I met with my trainer, he kept on saying "your poor voice." After the workout he strongly suggested that I go home and rest for several days.

You know things are bad when someone whose livelihood depends on you showing up tells you to go home. (Although it was in an oddly quasi-fraternal/quasi-flirtatious way.)

No comments: