A comrade of mine, Garrett Zuercher is in the current touring production of Big River as Huckleberry Finn. It opens in New Haven tonight (I'm attending the opening night), and runs all the way to March 6th.
What makes this production stand out from the rest is that it is performed by both a speaking and deaf cast.
Also, if I can praise Garrett a little more (I think he'll forgive me), he is very talented playwright who took his play Quid Pro Quo to the Kennedy Center.
Go to the Shubert Theatre for tickets.
1 comment:
I endorse AJ's recommendation. This is a wonderful production. Don't let the idea that a musical about slavery, performed by deaf people, couldn't be any good. The signing actually enhances the experience. One caution: If you bring children, be prepared to talk to them about the reality of slavery and the frequent use of the n-word.
Post a Comment