Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Courting Mistakes

Yes, the title is a double entendre.

I can't necessarily pinpoint what the trigger was for making me think of the misadventures I've had in dating this morning, but that's exactly was front and centre while I was making my protein shake. (I can't hack breakfast, and need something in the morning.)

  • Drunk dialing one guy and telling him that "we should take it to another level" at 11 o'clock at night.
  • Leaving a message full of "umm"s and "uh-huh"s to a blind date that wound up never happening.
  • Lying through my teeth and saying that I had a good time, when really I didn't.
  • Feigning hipness, when honestly, I'm a total square.
  • Discussing politics and questioning the logic behind not voting. (Perhaps not the best first impression.)
  • Having a first date at a 24 hour diner.

Does this qualify me to have my own romantic comedy sitcom now?

And here's today's jukebox, featuring Hikaru Utada (whom I find very scattershot in general), but the song and video seems appropriate for today's post.



3 comments:

Pookie65 said...

Hikaru, sometimes I think you're the mosat normal person I've ever heard of. You are so real sometimes that it's like sitting in front of you having a conversation as opposed to reading a blog post.

Of course I'd watch your sitcom and would love to audition for a part in the show. I want to snag the role of the wacky neighbor. Not the across the hall neighbor who would stalk you but more like Lisa Kudrow ala Aunt Sassy in The Comback.

sttropezbutler said...

At least you are dating dollface...I don't think I have been on a date since 1985....oh..did I say that out loud?

STB

dugla said...

wow, that first one made me shudder.

Hikaru Utada... she has a song with foxy brown that I love- Blow my whistle