- Janet - Mysterious Logic
- Lesya Kodush - Babysitter
- Elena Grishanova - You can't stop this dance
- Prima Vera - I can see the rising sun
- Lyavony - Come back
- Gunesh Abasova - Connect the hearts
- Ruslan Musvidas & Svetlana Vezhnovets - Прочь с глаз (Proch s glaz)
- Dmitry Koldun - May by
- Tyana - You never know
- Gosia Andrzejewich - Dangerous game
- Alexandra Gaiduk - An a-class face
- Litesound - My faith
- Polina Smolova - Сайт одиночества (Sait odinochestva)
- Irina Dorofeeva - Вышита сорочка (Vyshita sorochka)
- Dali - Europe's heard's groov
Let's look at some of the titles here: "Babysitter?" "May by?" "An A-class face?" "Europe's Heard's Groov?" "Babysitter" just creates an image that I really think most people don't want to have. "May by?" Do you mean "may be" or "maybe?" I know Lukashenko doesn't want people to leave, but surely somebody has smuggled in an elementary school English grammar book. "An A-class face?" Doesn't that sound rather...um...eugenic? I'm hoping that "Europe's Heard's Groov" is a typo, but after the absurdity that was "My Galileo" (which opened with "I'm no stay-at-home, and heady/ is my quest and venture mode/And the road is there to tread it/All-dimensional road....My galey-eyeyeyeye-o"), one can never be too certain.
Why on Earth the pariah of Europe insists on butchering the English language in a misguided attempt for votes is well and truly beyond my comprehension. Not to mention they've got the oddest way of picking a winner. The televoters (*supposedly*, this is Belarus, remember) pick the top three and then a mysterious jury picks the winner amongst them.
If the winner happens to have given the jury members the most money, well, that's just a sheer coincidence isn't it?Let us remember what originally won the Belarussian final last year:
And the scary thing is that she's being sincere.
No comments:
Post a Comment