Sunday, January 15, 2006

Eurovision 2006 Review Schedule

National Final season is upon us and it's not going to go unnoticed here. The Spaniards seem to have no idea how they're selecting their song, so the chances of another psychedelic trippy national final look pretty slim. So this year, it looks like I'm going to be covering the following:

  • Norway (probably a day late, if they continue to have these things on Fridays; Semi-final 1 will be up this weekend--hopefully--with a decidedly pro-Arlene Wilkes slant)
  • Slovenia (Sadly, this year is without Alya)
  • Sweden (The first three semi-finals will be covered on here, as will the final)

In the meantime, enjoy Joy Fleming belting out German soul music back in 1975.



2 comments:

sttropezbutler said...

This is so camp.

I loved Eurovision when I was living in France. I loved listening to Terry wogan from the BBC making his snide comments. I loved the songs..I loved the gal from Israel who won...remember her...a blow for transexuals everywhere!

Have a great weekend....


STB

Billy Farquhar said...

This is the best thing I've seen on the internet in ages. I am adding Joy Fleming to my list of favorite international singers. She really gives it her all! Thank you for introducing me to her.