I was having a good buzz listening to the Miami Sound Machine's "1-2-3" on VH1 Classic, when I stumbled across this tidbit on Keith Boykin's website: Apparently the Nation of Islam halted production on the long-awaited [at least by myself and I'm pretty certain a fair amount of other people] Noah's Arc, which is scheduled to air on LOGO.
Patrik-Ian Polk is a very talented auteur, and it's a shame that his show has to endure this. He did a great job with Punks, which I was very lucky to see at Boston's gay film festival several years ago. I hope that this only proves beneficial for the show and his career.
On a slightly eerie note, I think VH1 Classic is equally peeved. As I was writing this post they played Soul II Soul's "Back to Life" and then George Michael's "Freedom '90." That speaks volumes.
No comments:
Post a Comment