After a final that made me think that the Simpson clan is actually of Polish descent (seriously you have no idea how many of the female singers looked like Ashlee Simpson), Ich Troje wound up winning. This time some rapper calling himself The Real McCoy is tagging along. His contribution to "Follow My Heart" seems to be quoting Daddy Yankee's "Gasolina" and various house songs from the Nineties.
It's not necessarily a bad song, but it's blah and nothing new. (I was for Kto To.)
I have to give the Poles some serious credit though, they put on a good show. A good show with a bizarre group of participants: A r&b duo called Dezire who both look like Ashlee Simpson; Belgian singer Danzel whose "Pump It Up" is played often at Splash for reasons I can't ascertain; a trio of screeching talentless slappers called Queens without any sort of irony whatsoever; a rock polka band called Brathanki whose lead singer should learn to dance during the instrumental breaks; and a Polish-American version of the Black Eyed Peas called The Jet Set.
Thank god EMA is tomorrow and I actually like all of the entires except for Maja Slatinšek's "Vihar."
In case you don't remember Ich Troje, they were the band fronted by a very gravelly voiced man with Kool-Aid red hair that sang Żadnych Granic back in 2003, a song that was most definitely mawkish to the extreme but staged oh so well and had probably the best preview video that year. Fortunately, this time around Kool-Aid Hair doesn't do much "singing," and the majority of vocal duties are left up to three women--none of whom I think were in the 2003 lineup.
4 comments:
Socialist Workers Student Society? pleasetell me more
Go to:
http://www.swp.org.uk/swss/about.htm
I was a member from 1997 to 1999.
I just want to tell you that I looked at your profile pic and I am laughing my ass off. It's hilarious... and so studly. HAHAHAHA!
You scratching your balls or implying something sexy?
Oh... gosh.. I hate to sound like a dick, but that was too funny.
Thanks for that.
It's whatever you interpret it to be.
Post a Comment