Oh lordjesuschristmaryjosephthedonkeymothernaturevishnubuddhazoroaster, I am in pain.
On my trainer's suggestion I took a cardio class today. Yoga seems to be working out (sort of), so I figured why not? I don't know if it's that I am not used to working out on Sundays, but this class killed me. After losing Debbie Allen in yoga, she has resurfaced in cardio. 45 minutes of lunging, kneeling, balancing, and just simply moving about--nonstop. It may read like it's easy, and perhaps to most people it is, but this did me in. My own lack of rhythm did not aid things one bit.
Apparently the goal here is to keep your feet as light as possible. Well, that is a very enviable goal if you have normal feet, but alas, I've got the flat ones. (I mean virtually no arch whatsoever.) I walk like Frankenstein's monster. So a directive to avoid making any noise with my feet...'taint easy.
Now, despite this rant, I'm not giving up. I'm an Aquarian, and we're stubborn like hell. I may not hack it in this class yet, but I will push on and get rid of my clomp--at least for 45 minutes.
First, however, I'm going to wash down a whole bottle of Motrin with some Rolling Rock.
3 comments:
I'm glad this wasn't a morning after "Splash"....
One of my friends used to live in New York and is very familiar with Splash, so now I have a much better idea of the place when you write your post-mortems.
I hurt my back sitting up after tying my sneakers yesterday afternoon. I don't think this body is ready for either Yoga or Cardio classes. Vicoden seems to be helping, though!
DON~
I'd describe it as a metallic and glass version of Georgie's Alibi with shirtless bartenders.
LOL
And Don...careful man!
STB
Post a Comment