Thursday, January 26, 2006

Wednesday Jukebox Loves Jahn Teigen

Since I'm writing about the Norwegian Melodi Grand Prix this year, it seems to only make sense to feature Jahn Teigen in the jukebox. Let me warn you, he's an acquired taste.

Here he is in 1978, performing "Mil Etter Mil." I do not believe he's drunk, the man just sings that way.



Fast forward to last year, when Jahn did the Norwegian Melodi Grand Prix again, looking a lot like a corpse recently let out of the casket. He's still got his own style...even with a ballad.



Now, something from The Netherlands: Ruth Jacott's "Vrede" from 1993. Be kind, remember what you were wearing back in 1993.



And finally, Alcazar's live perfomance of "Grillvagn" in 2004, one of the songs that wound up not making the final cut for Melodifestivalen. I think the direction was to act like a bunch of drag queens.

3 comments:

Waddie G. said...

the pics/video? didn't come up...holla back

Waddie G. said...

or it maybe my computer...I dunno

Hikaru said...

Nope it's my fault, Mein Professor. It took awhile for them to upload.