Per my trainer's suggestion, I started taking yoga classes and today was my first day. I try to be an open-minded person, but for the life of me I do not see how contorting one's body into a myraid of uncomfortable positions (especially if you have no balance on your left side) can elevate your mind and make you centered.
In fact, what the hell does being "centered" mean? Indifferent? Not affected by the world around you? Well, hell's bells, I've been that since day one. I'm just trying to see how much pain I can endure for 90 goddamn minutes. I think this is some mumbo-jumbo concocted to separate fools from their money.
That being said, I'm going to stick with it because it's included with my membership. Although, I swear it's the oddest class I've been in. Lots of middle aged women trying to act bohemian (cellphones at the ready, mind you), a few new-age queens, and me already caked in sweat and stench from weightlifting earlier. Like hell I'm going to quit it now.
Today's PSA: If you're a little blonde Dutch girl, do not, I repeat, do not duet with a large hairy man with a voice that sounds like Kermit the Frog...(NB: This man looks like he ate Jim Henson.)...Especially if it's 1974 and bad fashion was happening all over the place.
5 comments:
sounds like an episode of karate kid....
how you been?
Fine, albeit plagued by tech issues on the homefront.
I take yoga for the health aspect not to find my "center". If I wanted to do that I'd just squat over a mirror and....never mind.
I love Hatha yoga. I swear I feel like more muscles are worked out in a class than the machines in the gym. On the other hand I'm not about to take Bikram classes. Give me ceiling fans and A/C please.
Word of advice avoid placing your mat too close to the backside of a geriatric. Enough said.
NEvermind ate Jim Henson. They were created by Jim Henson. They are Muppets, right? I mean...they can't possibly be real human beings. (Lie to me, Hikaru, lie to me.)
OK...
I want to hear the how this plays out. I tried YOGA years ago and the instructor took and instant dislike to me. I stuck with it for 8 weeks and got tired of it all...LOL
And..this was pre-cell phone days!
STB
Post a Comment