Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The View-Splash-Rawhide Post Mortem: Lots O' Observations

I certainly was not expecting to keep the post-mortems up given that I'm now working out 6 days a week--and getting up early for each one, but bizarrely I find myself doing my normal Tuesday night pattern.

  • Gwen Stefani is at least a decade older than I am. She has no business referring to herself as a "girl" (I gave up "boy" when I turned 21) nor can she gallivant about like a high school cheerleader. That being said, her music is very good.
  • If the Benetton becomes a Wachovia, then what does that say about Chelsea?
  • The go-go boys @ Rawhide are still skanky. I think the "New York's best" tagline should be removed.
  • If you're drinking solo, the last thing you want to be privy to is a fag and his hag dancing to "Dancing Queen"--especially if they appear to be younger than yourself.
  • RuPaul's video for "Workout" is disturbingly cheap. The whole premise seems to be "let's put RuPaul in front of a cement wall, change her hair a couple of times, but avoid changing her outfit."
  • Why does "Since U Been Gone" get the young queens excited? I know Kelly Clarkson is the first "American Idol," but still...
  • I am not considering my twenties complete until I have sex with Rod Barry.
  • While I like the bartenders over @ Splash personality-wise, there's a lot of distended (read: likely steroid use) stomach over there.
  • At some point in life, everyone--especially gay men--should try to re-enact house music videos on 25th street between 6th & 7th Avenues. My specific recommendation: "Alomszep" by Karanyi out of this year's Hungarian National Final.
  • True masculinity comes from being who you genuinely are as opposed to subscribing to what you think masculinity is.
  • I hate to say this, but The View does actually edge out Splash in terms of music video selection.

5 comments:

Pookie65 said...

Sounds like someone is getting over the bar scene. Welcome to my world. Now get yourself a husband, two dogs, and about 25 extra pounds and we'll be equals :-)

(The whole Stephanie/Brooke thing was a joke. I am so bitter that no one got shot)

Hikaru said...

Not quite over the bar scene yet. Like the videos too much.

I was hoping to see KKL out of comission! Oh well, at least Thorne got some lines today, even if they were with Ridge.

If they had a week of nothing but Sally, Thorne, Gabriela, Thomas, Stephanie, and Taylor (in that order) I could die a happy man.

Blitz said...

Hi, you don't know me at all, but I was performing a Google search for the lyrics to Karanyi's song "Alomszep," and lo & behold, I came upon your personal blog here! I was wondering if you just might happen to know the lyrics...? If not, where could I at least see this video? It's an amazing song! I love it!

Also, I'm gay as well, so it's pretty funny & ironic that you should mention that gay men should reenact this song. You're a handsome man as well, by the way. Disregard that comment if you're offended!

Well, I hope you have a wonderful day. Thanks for taking the time to read this comment!

Hikaru said...

Andrew,

I couldn't find the lyrics, but the video is available--(you may have to download it)--from Karanyi.net. Click on Media and you'll have a choice of English or Hungarian versions.

Blitz said...

Gotcha. Well, thanks for trying, and thank you very much for the timely response. =) I would have responded sooner, but I thought that my e-mail preferences would have sent me a message stating that you replied, and unfortunately, it didn't do that. Oh well! I'll be sure to check out the video however. =)

Have a good day!