Thursday, November 03, 2005

Odd Thoughts That Pop Into My Head On A Thursday Morning

  • For some reason one of the doormen here just does not like me. I do not know why. I do not yak away on my cellphone. I talk to him in a respectful polite manner. I always make sure to say "hello" when coming in or out of the building. All I get in response is a sneer and cold stare. I am honestly stumped. I'm almost tempted to believe it's some strange form of black-on-black racism or male-on-male sexism, because he fawns all over the white women. No need to be rude just because you don't want to sleep with me.
  • There has to be some sort of city law that prevents construction sites from starting at 7 am in an area that has more than 200 apartments.
  • I don't care what Steve Harvey says, any song that features the lyrics "a thug has feelings too" has got to be tossed out and steamrolled.
  • Speaking of which, could I actually pass as a "homothug" for one day? I got this image of me with cornrows and baggy pants and I thought it was hilarious. I looked as ridiculous as Shemar Moore in Diary of A Mad Black Woman (aka Misery In Da Hood).
  • I like this new Ferrer ad that has a roller blader dancing to salsa with the tagline "for all New York." It's very GAP-meets-political ad. Go Freddie.
  • Ann Tripp is funny. She needs her own show. In the interim, she can replace Alexis Glick on Today. Television is just aching to have a woman who just doesn't care and tells it like it is.
  • I know it's only next month, but it just seems a little bit early for egg nog to be hitting the stores.
  • Aquarians: Read today's horoscope at Out.com and strut proudly.

6 comments:

dondon009 said...

As a Gemini, I'm supposed to be flirting and fondling today.... after reading Aquarius.... my fondling of choice would have to be with a "hung like a horse" Aquarian.

dondon009 said...

The doorman is on the DL and terrified that you might out him...
The flirting with white women is of course his cover!

Or: He's envious of your Bougie status and knows he's gonna be stuck in his going nowhere occupation for the rest of his life!

Imagination running wild here today, when I should be working!

Bougie Black Boy said...

I'm an aquarius!
And I agree with DonDon. I think he's jealous of your status. But I'm a classist.

Anonymous said...

I'm actually trying to figure out what you do all day. LOL.

Pookie65 said...

The doorman is jealous. He sees a sexy, young, successful guy who is nice and it pisses him off.

Next time he tosses some attitude your way just blow him a kiss.

B&B side note: Are you believing this last week? I am SO loving Stephanie about right now. The biyatch is on top of her game.

Hikaru said...

I know, Pookie. They need to just give Susan Flannery the emmy now!