Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Splash Post-Mortem: I Want My Revenge!

Nowt as scary as a queen with "Hung Up" playing on repeat.

Nowt as determined as a queen hellbent on vengeance.

Let me back up a bit.

So there's a certain person who has been sending me text messages over the past few days, which is fine by me. However, said person seems to have no tact whatsoever when it comes to the content of these text messages.

Hikaru don't play that.

In order to make this preamble short, suffice to say that one of the golden rules in my book is that when you send a text message to someone you PERSONALISE it. You do not go and send mass messages to your entire phonebook. You do not know if that person is liable to go all Angela Basset in Waiting To Exhale on you. No, not at all. Do not disturb my equilibrium by telling me about all the romantic plans you have in store with someone that I do not know. I do not care. I got you off, now let me be, unless I have some spot in your future. Otherwise, it's just tacky...and tacky carries a penalty of cruel revenge with me.

I do not play fair when crossed and I will go for the jugular. Revenge, as I see it, is like a bee sting. It is pointed, it is quick, and it lingers on the victim long after the aggressor has moved on. I like to get my revenge over quickly. It does not linger with me. I need my grudge relieved ASAP or else it will fade away.

Tonight was supposed to be the night that I enacted my revenge on the aforementioned person. I squatted nearly 100 pounds over my weight. I bench pressed just 5 pounds shy of my weight. I wore my most binding and slutty clothes. I was hellbent on breaking a narcissist at his own game.

And then, the fool didn't even show up.

This pissed me off to no end, because I will forget this very soon and I was very much looking forward to carrying out my divine retribution before my short-term memory chucks it out.

It was a brilliant plan: I was going to flirt shamelessly; grope, french kiss, and whatever I could get away with any male body present to make this person realise his apparent lack of morals as well as the fact that I can and will outdo him if I so please. Instead, I'm left feigning interest in some talking head from Pennsylvania who really has nothing of merit to say, but is too nice and scarred to squash.

Dammit, I hate it when I have no resolution.

3 comments:

Bougie Black Boy said...

is this all about Alex? lol

dondon009 said...

"Hell hath no fury.........!"

Remind me to stay on your good side......

Lookin so fit and cute, did you SCORE?

Hikaru said...

You guessed right, Stephen.

I'm a bit like Serial Mom when it comes to decorum. Of course, that only lasts for a few days. So now I'm over it.

Dondon: Alas, no. Unfortunately, last night was also the night of some bachelor auction for the NY Gay Football League. (The talking head surmised that there were a lot of a gay-for-play members of that league, which makes me think "eh?") The whole night had a surreal bent to it.