Saturday, January 21, 2006

Norske Melodi Grand Prix 2006 Semi-Final 2: When Angry NRK Technicians Strike

I'm sure it was a grand ol' knee-slapping time in the I-would-never-attempt-to-pronounce-it town of Bodø, but if you lived outside of Norway, you couldn't see a sodding thing.

So let's keep this short and to the point.

The drag act, Queentastic, went to the final. Along with Norway's older and better dressed answer to last year's Latvian rentboy pairing: Hans-Petter Moen & Kim Arne Hagen.

Romanian-Norwegian Ovi Martin and his dirge went to the second chance round, as did newcomer (though she don't look it) Jannicke Abrahamsen, who had a vastly better song than Ovi's...at least to my ears.

This round was also notable for a sort of reunion of Charmed. Syn co-hosted, and Hanne Haugsand and Marit Strømøy (I wish I knew how to pronounce that surname) both had entries. As much as I would like to hear of some sort of MGP version of Dreamgirls drama going on backstage, it seems like there was none.

Although since Syn is the only person going onto the next final, there could be some still in the works.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooo. I just got back on your band wagan. Can't wait to read about the debaucherous things the ole whore is going to write about. Also, leave Mike Woods alone. He's going to bear my children one day, when science advances and if he still looks as good as he does.

sttropezbutler said...

Thank god you are keeping me abreast!

STB

BostonPobble said...

Wow. I just wish I knew what you were talking about...

Hikaru said...

Pobble, just wait until I hit Slovenia (next Sunday) and Sweden (next month), then things really get confusing.